The Birds and the Bs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TTC, Pregnancy, Babies and Families

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Angel costume for a two year old?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sparkles
OAP
sparkles

Angel costume for a two year old?  Empty
PostSubject: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:33 am

Hello, does anyone have an angel costume I could borrow/buy that would fit olive?

Had a note in her book to provide one for next Wednesday! I'm not very happy tbh and don't want to spend a lot of money! 

Thanks for any help
Back to top Go down
H
OAP
H

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 3:04 am

Awwww if I had a sewing machine here I would have made her one but I'm not going to see my sis this week - I used hers to make Dans.

Could you make one out of a white pillow case with a tinsel belt, a tinsel halo and some wings from the pound shop?

I made Dan's wings from a pair of silver tights stretched over two wire coat hangers taped together then trimmed with tinsel. They were really easy to make if you have the stuff in the house.
Back to top Go down
sparkles
OAP
sparkles

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 7:02 am

Thanks. I might try and make something.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
H
OAP
H

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 7:24 am

I'm trying to post a pic of the wings I made for Matthew to play with. I stretched a pair of white baby tights over two coat hangers - one leg for each wing, and sort of wound the middle gusset bit of the tights round the middle bit of the coat hangers that had been taped together with gaffer tape. I stitched tinsel round the edge of the wings (really badly - I'm not a sewer) then attached a couple of loops of elastic to the back of the middle bit where the coat hangers are joined for him to put his arms through...but the blummin uploader thing isn't working!

And I've not described that very well.
Back to top Go down
H
OAP
H

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 7:48 am

Grrrrr can't get them to upload at all

There are some photos on my Instagram
http://instagram.com/he1enhunter/

They really were spectacularly easy to make!
Back to top Go down
sparkles
OAP
sparkles

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:26 pm

Oh, they look great! I will see if I feel inspired on Sunday, otherwise I might be going for an emergency supermarket fancy dress shop!
Back to top Go down
H
OAP
H

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:29 pm

Asda had angel costumes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sparkles
OAP
sparkles

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 8:24 am

Asda didn't have any :-( I've just bought a floaty white top and a grey/silver/glittery skirt and I have some silver tinsel to make into a halo. 

So, I've ended up spending £20! But at least the clothes can be worn again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
H
OAP
H

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Atleast two of the angels in dans nativity are wearing bridesmaid dresses with tinsel belts Very Happy

She will be gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
sparkles
OAP
sparkles

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Thanks H. Completely annoyingly, when I picked her up today (after sending costume in a bag as instructed) they said they found a costume from last year that fit her that she can wear. Grrrrr! They clearly didn't think much of my put together outfit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angel costume for a two year old?    Angel costume for a two year old?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Angel costume for a two year old?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Birds and the Bs :: Babs Lending Library-
Jump to: